Instagram has quickly become one of the most popular social media platforms in the world. With over 1 billion active users, it’s no surprise that brands and individuals are clamoring to get a piece of the pie. But with so much competition, it can be difficult to stand out from the crowd. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the most-followed Instagram accounts in the world. From celebrities to athletes to fashion brands, these are the accounts that have captured the attention of millions of users.
Most Followed Instagram Accounts In The World, As Of November 2022
As of November 2022, the most followed Instagram accounts in the world are:
1. @instagram – 251 million followers
2. @selenagomez – 247 million followers
3. @therock – 213 million followers
4. @beyonce – 205 million followers
5. @kimkardashian – 203 million followers
6. @justinbieber – 198 million followers
7. @cristiano – 197 million followers
8. @neymarjr – 193 million followers
9. @nike – 189 million followers
10. @kyliejenner – 187 million followers
Instagram Accounts With The Most Followers
As of April 2020, here are the most-followed Instagram accounts in the world:
1. @instagram – 296 million followers
2. @cristiano – 193 million followers
3. @arianagrande – 185 million followers
4. @therock – 182 million followers
5. @kyliejenner – 178 million followers
6. @selenagomez – 176 million followers
7. @jlo – 151 million followers
8. @beyonce – 150 million followers
9. @natgeo – 138 million followers
10. @taylorswift – 136 million followers
Why These Accounts Have So Many Followers
As of June 2018, the most-followed Instagram account is that of Selena Gomez (@selenagomez), with over 139 million followers. The second most-followed account is that of Ariana Grande (@arianagrande), with over 136 million followers. Third is Beyoncé (@beyonce), with over 129 million followers.
There are a few reasons why these accounts have so many followers. First, all three celebrities are extremely popular and have a large fan base. Secondly, they are all very active on Instagram, regularly posting new content. Lastly, they often engage with their followers by liking and commenting on their posts.
What Types Of Content These Accounts Post
There are a variety of different types of content posted on these accounts. For instance, some post photos and videos of themselves, while others post photos and videos of the things they are doing or the places they are going. Some post both photos and videos, while others just post one or the other.
In terms of the types of photos that are posted, they range from selfies to pictures of food to pictures of nature to pictures of animals. In terms of the types of videos that are posted, they range from vlogs to tutorials to funny clips to music videos. Basically, there is a little bit of everything on these accounts.
One thing that is common among all of these accounts is that they all have a very high number of followers. This is likely because they are posting content that people are interested in and that they are consistently putting out new content for their followers to enjoy.
What This Means For Social Media Marketing
Instagram is one of the most popular social networks in the world, with over 1 billion active users. And while there are a lot of popular accounts on the platform, some have more followers than others.
Here are the most-followed Instagram accounts in the world:
1. Instagram (@instagram) – 255 million followers
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (@cristiano) – 193 million followers
3. Ariana Grande (@arianagrande) – 159 million followers
4. Dwayne Johnson (@therock) – 156 million followers
5. Selena Gomez (@selenagomez) – 152 million followers
6. Kylie Jenner (@kyliejenner) – 150 million followers
7. Kim Kardashian West (@kimkardashian) – 144 million followers
8. Lionel Messi (@leomessi) – 141 million followers
9 Beyoncé (@beyonce) – 130 million followers
10 Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) – 129 million followers
As you can see, some of the most-followed accounts on Instagram are celebrities or public figures. But that doesn’t mean that brands and businesses can’t compete for attention on the platform. In fact, there are a number of ways that brands can use Instagram to reach their target audiences and build relationships with them.
It is no surprise that the most-followed Instagram accounts in the world are mostly celebrities. What is surprising, however, is just how many people are following them. With over a billion active users on Instagram, these celebrities have a massive reach and influence. If you’re looking for some new accounts to follow, make sure to check out the ones on this list.